Under 10 you can not wait till your teens. Teens you can not wait till your 20's. Twenty's hit and you want them to last forever. Thirty's you try to convince yourself they ain't so bad. Forty's hit and what you thought was old, when you were young, is now your new young. Fifty's hit and you look back and think I wish......

I wish I had the love of my life by my side. I wish my kids would return my text messages. I wish my grandkids wanted to spend time with me. I wish I was happy.

What happen to my life.... At one point I was happy, top of the world. I had love, kids, and a life. I was busy. Now I am just depressed and assuming this is The After Party.

Don't judge!

Comments

  1. U described my life. I've always believed we r on this earth for our kids. What else could life be about. Without them, life is pointless, meaningless, void...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it feels this way but I am going to fight back. My son will not destroy me. I had a life before him and I will have a life after him. He is my only child. He just had a baby girl. His actions toward me are not warranted and no one could tell me otherwise. I know how much I did for him. I know how much I loved him. Perhaps I gave him too much but never 'not enough'. We must join hands, cry on each other's shoulder, shout and scream and then hold the selves we were when we held our babies in our arms. We cannot let these horrible and mean adult children destroy us. Fight on. There is a way out of this grief and this sorrow.

      Delete
  2. Can’t believe the pain that is turning to anger as I see my wife suffering the unbelievable decision by my daughter because she believes we are enabling my alcoholic son— she’s never had kids and just doesn’t understand ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate with the kid who only wants to come around when wanting something, and is usually in a hurry to leave. When I had the big house I would have all the kids coming over. I played games with them, talked to them, it felt good. Lost the house and now I can barely get a text message response. Obviously no desire to spend any time with me now. Where did I go wrong? I am still proud of him, in many ways he is great person! I just wish he wanted to see me and talk to me more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment